There is no shortage of amazing food in the Northern VA and DC region and I would love to say I try new places all the time but the truth is I have a few favorites that I go back to over and over. So I've compiled a list of just a few of them that I've been to multiple times and would happily go back to over and over and over.....The list is a mix of fast casual to fancy/ish (truth is I'm not super fancy so none of these are insanely fancy!)
1. Cava Mezze and Cava Grill: This place rocks because they have a sit down restaurant that serves Greek tapas style and they also have a fast casual spot with the best "make your own salad bowls" ever. If there was one near me I'd have trouble not stopping everyday to get dinner. Also the "fancy" version has an amazing happy hour with fun creative and spicy drinks along with my favorite dip: crazy feta!
2. Founding Farmers: Go to brunch spot! Especially when visitors are in town, it never disappoints. Their lunch and dinner menus are also good and perfect when I'm needing comfort food.
3. Sweet Green Healthy and tasty makes this salad shop the perfect combo. I have my fave salad the kale caesar but I also love trying out the seasonal salads they put out like the roasted turkey, brussel sprouts, and sweet potato salad. The amount of times I get free salads from the rewards program says enough about how much I love this place
4. Green Pig Bistro: A little more fancy and I've been here only a few times but it's too good to leave off my list. They have a small unique menu focused on meats and some pretty awesome desserts.
5. Good Stuff Eatery: Best. Burger. Ever. (or maybe I just love the sauces?) regardless this has become my favorite place for a burger and fries anywhere and their sauce bar is #1 especially the chipotle mayo! They also have amazing shakes and monthly specials.