So I've (almost) made it through the second block and am looking at buying a new pair of fun tights since I have decided that's my reward for finishing the program! I am actually in the transition week but thought I would share my views on the new videos I did this month. Overall still loving them and definitely feeling stronger overall. I need to find a pull up bar soon so I can gauge how close I am to being able to do one. I'm looking forward to finishing strong and maybe accomplishing that goal!
1) Eccentric Upper - Completely upper body and that's all that's focused on in this video. It starts with very similar moves from the Challenge but everything is done with a slow 3 count eccentric move then explode to start for example slooooow lower pushup and then quick back to starting, repeat, repeat, repeat. Did I mention it's only upper body? So lots of push ups, pulls ups (modified with bands for me), and presses curls with free weights. Definitely good muscle burn with this video!
2) Triometrics - Each move has three levels that you do for 20 seconds each for a total of a minute and it burns burns burns. It's pretty much all legs, lots of squats, lunges, etc. Ever tried doing squats while in Warrior 3....it's fun haha. There's some plyo elements too and it's a good paced workout definitely feeling it in the legs after.
3) X3 Yoga - repeat
4) Eccentric Lower - Same as the eccentric upper but focuses on the lower body (who would've guessed that?) Another awesome leg burning workout, not sure which leg day I like more.
5) Incinerator - Back to arms, back, and just upper body focus. Similar moves from the other arm workouts but less focus on pull ups. Arms definitely like jello at the end of this one, I think it might be the toughest arm one so far.
6) MMX - So so so good, loved this mixed martial arts workout! I already knew I loved workouts with punching and kicking so I was really excited for this one and it didn't disappoint. It goes through a lot of variations and never repeats the same combo and by the burnout at the end I was BEAT! Can't wait to do this one again!
7) Dynamix - repeat (stretch stretch stretch)
Week 8 // Transition
The transition is the same video line up from the first transition week, prepping the body for the final block I can't wait to finish super strong!!!
Image credit: Athleta